Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Why everyone loves re-runs

I ran my first marathon in Anchorage, Alaska. The training, the people, the charity, the event...everything was awesome and I was really proud to have completed what seemed like such an overwhelming task 4 months ago. I was also really pleased to have raised over $5,600 for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I should have been ecstatic for weeks after (I mean I could finally sleep late on weekends!) but I found myself a bit sad. I pushed through my melancholy telling myself I could relax for the rest of my summer, no schedule to meet, no coaches yelling at me with foreign accents, and no racing to practice after work like most people race to watch Greys or American Idol. Wait! That's exactly it...what do people do when their shows take their seasonal break? I guess they find a new show but nothing else seemed interesting enough to me and that's when Kat sent this at the bottom of one of her e-mails...

P.S. I AM RUNNING THE NIKE WOMEN’S MARATHON IN SAN FRANCISCO IN OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's when it hit me :) I didn't need a new show...I could re-run and exactly 10 days after my 1st marathon, I signed up for my 2nd! Let the training and fundraising begin all over again.

No comments: